Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Literary Lab


To all the story tellers,

Check this out! http://literarylab.blogspot.com/

Davin Malasarn is a friend of mine. We used to belong to the same workshop. I enjoyed reading his literary and colorful stories. But I didn't know him well then. In one meeting, I was complaining about long novels and said to him,

"Have you read Anna Karenina?”

He nodded.

"Did you like it?" I said.

"I read it three times," he said.

"Three times! Wow!"

Little I knew him. One day at a party, I saw his paintings. "Wow!" I said looking at the first painting. It was beautiful and very colorful. I said many "Wow!" that evening.

But I see even more about his talent in The Literacy Lab. You’ll be the judge.

6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Davin more this past year as we've worked on The Literary Lab together. I'm happy to meet you!

keiko amano said...

Lady Glamis,

You’re doing a great job! I’ve read only a part of your blog, but I am very impressed with what you’re doing with Davin and other writer. I find the anthology project a great idea. Artistic minds support other artistic minds, and we will enrich each other’s writing. And I totally agree with the self-published trends. I enjoyed that blog very much. With strong words of mouths, I think writers can change the way we do business and succeed!

Thank you for writing to my blog.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

No problem! I look forward to getting to know you. :)

keiko amano said...

Thank you. The same here!

Davin Malasarn said...

Keiko, Thanks so much for your nice words. And, for what it's worth, you have a very high wow-factor as well. To this day, whenever another writer says that they aren't as good because English is their second language, I always bring up how wonderfully you wrote in English and all of the unique ways you had of saying things. :) It's very nice to hear from you again, my friend.

keiko amano said...

Davin,

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words. I'll be watching The Literary Lab and let other writers know about it.