Friday, September 2, 2011

My Aunt



We all called her Ruri chan.  Nobody called her obasan ever.  The word was a taboo!


yamada ruri  山田るり



a school trip to a movie studio
maeda ruri, senzoku, tokyo

santa clarita, Feb. 2011
She passed away yesterday.  Each person is unique.  But what a life she had!  My mother said I was like her, so watch out.  "Watch out what?"  She didn't reply.  Aunt Ruri also said I was like my mother both when she became frustrated and also when she laughed with me.  Good and bad, we inherited the same blood and traits.  She was almost 89 years old.

4 comments:

Vincent said...

Well, I'm struck how good-looking you all are in those photos, even your aunt in extreme old age. That could be a good reason why your mother said "Watch out!"

keiko amano said...

Vincent,

Thank you very much. I've been thinking. It was funny. If anyone quarrelled like us, why bother to see each other again. But after a period, we met again because we could not have the kind of conversation with anyone else. I think in her own way, we were all attracted to her. In our family, she's been a legenday person.

jiturajgor said...

I am sorry for your loss Keiko.Peace to her soul.

keiko amano said...

Thank you, Jitu!