Sunday, December 1, 2013

Interview: Julia Stein, a Los Angeles Poet



A great interview of Julia Stein, a Los Angeles poet.

To read the link below is to understand what political poems are.  Also Julia Stein wrote to poets who do not seek money for their work and told them to understand contracts and get paid.  I respect her for it.  No poets ever told me that.

She has published five books of her poems.  I have all, except one.  I have to get the fifth one next time I see her.  She's been my teacher in creative writing and also a very good friend of mine.   Because our backgrounds are so different, I've been learning so much from from her.

To me, she is a descendant of Electra, and most of all, I appreciate her openness.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/11/29/women-war-and-the-working-class/

No comments: